Highlights from 2021:
- Global unlisted real estate fundraising jumps by 25.6% year-on-year to record USD 218.43 billion in 2021 as investors put capital to work through more ambitious strategies;
- Number of funds to close remain depressed at 449 vehicles - 31.0% lower than the five-year pre-pandemic average;
- Industrial overtakes residential for the first time as largest share of capital raised among sector-focused vehicles;
- Investors embrace opportunistic strategies, boosting capital raised by 79.4% year-on-year;
- Real estate transactions climb by 21.2% year-on-year to 8,173, with growth led by residential, industrial and hotels.